It has been a frenzied week of NBA Action and transactions for the Association as we are nearing the half way point. The mid-season is rounding into form with unusual trades happening before the deadline as teams begin to make moves forming their rosters for a serious playoff pushes once All-Star Weekend ends. This Week:
- Justin Termine from Sirius XM NBA jumps on the show to help breakdown the trades that took place last week. Including the pending trade expected with Jeff Green going to the Memphis Grizzlies. Hear his take on Dion Waiters joining the Thunder and J.R. Smith, Iman Shumpert and Timofey Mozgov uniting with the Cavs.
- David Deckard from SB Nation’s Blazer’s Edge hops on to discuss one of the hottest teams rolling in the NBA, the Portland Trailblazers. They have a classic recipe for success, and David may have figured out its main ingredients. We ask if LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard will be able to play together long term and much more.
- We also dig into the Detroit Pistons. After ripping off 8 of their last 10 games, this team has suddenly turned it up in the Motor City and like Stan Van Gundy said, “This group is rocking.” Brandon Jennings, Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond are the current foundation but guys like Jodie Meeks, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, and Anthony Tolliver all have roles on this roster.
- We also highlight another remarkable accomplishment by the German sharpshooter, Dirk Nowitzki as he climbs past another NBA Legend on the all-time scoring list.
- Did you see Trevor Booker‘s over the head touch shot?
- We rifle through a ton of story lines in our coveted Coast to Coast segment including the latest with Jermaine O’neal, Larry Sanders, Austin Rivers, Tony Wroten and more.
All this and a ton more on this week’s edition of The Baseline (@nba_baseline).