Week two of the NBA season has The Baseline boys hype and ready to discuss the latest happenings in the association. On this week’s show:
On the Breakdown:
- Has the league passed the Memphis Grizzlies by? Have the core of Mike Conley, Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph and Tony Allen maxed out? Is Mario Chalmers a player who can help and why is Jeff Green the most hated player on the team? Joe Mullinax from the Grizzly Bear Blues joins the show to discuss the team’s early troubles and ability to improve.
- Paul George and Chris Bosh are off to amazing starts and appear ready to re-join the league’s elite. We pay homage and debate if they can keep it up and are all the way back.
- The Sacramento Kings have started out as bad as many predicted. Will George Karl, DeMarcus Cousins and management find a way to coexist. Is Rajon Rondo‘s recent triple-double streak a sign of things to come in Sacto?
In a brand new segment we call “We Reminisce” Michael Jordan‘s first retirement is discussed. How did the first time M.J. stepped away from the game effect the league?
- Victor Oladipo has a concussion
- Meyers Leonard is out 4-6 weeks with shoulder injury
- Myles Turner out at least 4 weeks with thumb fracture
- Wilson Chandler will miss the entire season
- Hedo Turkoglu announced his retirement
- Kevin Garnett becomes the fifth player to play 50,000 minutes
- Tim Duncan passes Robert Parish for the seventh on the all-time rebound list