Our second of six division previews takes us to the Southeast Division where superstar talent is sparse. We enlist the help of ShawSports contributor, Brandon Johnson to break down all five teams in the division. On this week’s show:
- How does Trae Young elevate this team in his rookie season?
- Is Kent Bazemore truly a part of the team’s future?
- Which young player will emerge outside of Young between John Collins, Taurean Prince and Alex Len?
- Will Nikola Vucevic be around all season long?
- Is Aaron Gordon primed to be the face of the franchise?
- Can the team get by without a legitimate point guard option to begin the season?
- The team’s frontcourt is in shambles with the departure of Dwight Howard. Can younger players like Frank Kaminsky, Juan Hernangomez and Cody Zeller step up immediately?
- What is the future of Kemba Walker on this roster with a new GM looking to make a splash?
- Can this team get out of its own way to realize the talent it has?
- Will this be the last season we see the duo of John Wall and Bradley Beal together?
- How will newcomers Austin Rivers, Jeff Green and Howard help in the long run?
- Can Coach Spoelstra pull more tricks out of his coaching hat to keep this team at the top of the division?
- Would the return of Dwyane Wade muddy the crowded backcourt further?
- Is Josh Richardson the true building block of this team as Hassan Whiteside and Justise Winslow have fallen out of favor in the eyes of some?