The Baseline is getting you prepped for the 2017-2018 NBA Season. This week we breas down each team in the Pacific and why the young talent may make this division must see TV.
- Is Devin Booker ready for stardom? Can T.J. Warren carve out a niche that doesn’t negatively impact rookie Josh Jackson? Will Eric Bledsoe and Tyson Chandler remain on the roster all season?
- Is the optimism in LA LA Land justified? How will Lonzo Ball build chemistry with the likes of Brandon Ingram, Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson who all have their own agendas?
- Do the Kings have an undisputed leader on the floor? With De’Aaron Fox, Buddy Hield, Willie Cauley-Stein and Skal Labissiere the core is solid but the veteran presence of Zach Randolph, George Hill and Vince Carter could stunt development.
- With Chris Paul sporting a Rockets’ jersey it appears Blake Griffin could be headed for an MVP season. Can the Clippers incorporate new faces like Danilo Gallinari, Patrick Beverley, Sam Dekker and others to remain one of the upper echelon teams in the Pacific?
Golden State Warriors
- Outside of injuries only off the court distractions (Hi Kevin Durant) can derail the Warriors groove. The band is all back together and even the new pieces, Omri Casspi and Nick Young, seem to fit.