We’ve lost count of the number of days the NBA has been missing from our lives in full swing, however, the league stays at the forefront of our minds. The news continues to permeate throughout the association and we’re here to discuss it all including:
NBA announces Horse Competition:
Trae Young, Chauncey Billups, Paul Pierce, Zach LaVine, Chris Paul, Tamika Catchings, Mike Conley and Allie Quigley agreed to play virtual H-O-R-S-E on ESPN. We discuss if this idea is good for the game or a lame attempt to provide content for NBA-starved fans.
NBA 2K Player Tournament results:
Devin Booker took out Deandre Ayton to win the crown but did 2K ultimately gain from this trial tournament? We analyze how this could have been better with more engaging dialogue, announcers and less Ronnie 2K.
League news and notes:
- Adam Silver says May 1 is the earliest a decision on the season will take place
- As of now everything is still on the table including finishing the season without fans
- NBA extends moratorium on player transactions indefinitely.
- Player movement is at a complete standstill in the wake of Covid-19, a decision the league and the players have no choice but to agree upon.
- NBA teams petitioning the league to push the draft until August
- With life disrupted, the front office of many teams want more time to prepare for the draft.
- The league also issued guidelines on virtual meetings with draft candidates that include meetings up to 4 hours in total (2 hours max at a time) and no virtual workouts
- Owners agree to pay full salaries for April
- The other shoe is bound to drop on the players as the owners kept their wallets open this month with an eye on recouping funds in May.
- Bulls Hire Arturas Karnisovas
- The Gar-Pax era is officially over as the Bulls lure Denver’s Assistant GM over into a new role
- What’s next for Chicago with the futures of Jim Boylen and even Lauri Markannen up in the air?
- Donovan Mitchell reportedly still at odds with Rudy Gobert after COVID-19 infection
- Utah was once seen as a collegial team with great chemistry but this season hasn’t gone they wanted on the floor and Gobert’s negligence could have fractured the team for good. Rumors are swirling that one of their two All-Stars may need to be traded to calm the locker room.