In the midst of March Madness with turn our focus back on what we know best and that’s the NBA. On this week’s show:
- Anthony Slater, beat Writer for the Oklahoman joins the show to talk about the most unfortunate, highly combustible and dangerously unstable OKC Thunder. Just how dangerous can this team can be with the news that Kevin Durant is out indefinitely & Russell Westbrook acting like Oscar Robertson? How deep is this team with Serge Ibaka also hurting? There are pending decisions to come in OKC as the window of opportunity for the NBA’s most lethal duo might be closing.
- Our Who Ya Got? segment returns as we debate the current and long term value of Michael Carter-Williams and Brandon Knight. Which young point guard would you rather have long term and who do you think is better right now?
- Also we revisit the rookie chase in the NBA. While the media pundits have handed ROY honors to Andrew Wiggins, Cal isn’t fully convinced that Wiggins is deserved such entitlement. There are 3 other guys who should get serious consideration. Nerlens Noel, Elfrid Payton and Nikola Mirotic all have gained ground in recent weeks. We’ll talk about each case in depth.
- We also take a brief look at the career of Steve Nash as he formally hangs it up after a resilient 19-year career as one of the best point guards in our generation. Hear why we believe he transcended the game and helped to usher back in the era of high-octane play.
- On coast to coast Allen Iverson is thinking front office, Terrence Jones might be out while Dwight Howard might be in. Derrick Rose and Jimmy Butler are practicing with the Bulls and are also nearing a return. All this and a lot more griping about our busted NCAA bracket.
It’s another great edition of The NBA Baseline with Cal Lee and Warren Shaw.