Finally, the NBA season has started for real and The Baseline is here to break down all the action this season discussing the major front line topics. On this week’s episode Cal Lee and Warren Shaw discuss:
- We breakdown the draft class of 2011 as the contract extension deadline passes. Klay Thompson got a max deal and Ricky Rubio also got a nice bit of change. Who else got paid? Kawhi Leonard, Brandon Knight and Jimmy Butler are amongst those who didn’t sign an extension–will their teams regret letting these players hit restricted free agency? Which organization got the most bang for the buck.
- The ‘King’ LeBron James returns home to Cleveland, and on what should have been a special night of celebration and walk through opponent in the New York Knicks, the outcome was far from expected. Should Cavs fans already be concerned with the overwhelming weight of expectations shouldered on LeBron, Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving?
- The new look Bulls seemed impressive in their debut vs the Knicks. Just how deep and dangerous could this Bulls team actually become throughout the season with Derrick Rose back and Pau Gasol?
- We give you the drop on OKC’s horrific dilemma now that Russell Westbrook is down. Just how Thunderous a loss will this be for the team? Will this essentially knock them out of playoff potential or will Scott Brooks find some diamonds in the rough to step up and sustain the Thunder until Westbrook and Kevin Durant return.
- The Black Mamba returns and looks every bit as venomous as ever but is it enough to salvage a long and possible disappointing season for Lakers Nation? Should Kobe Bryant ask for a trade or should he stay and mentor guys like Julius Randle and Jeremy Lin?
- The ROY race is off to an unimpressive start as guys like Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins, Marcus Smart, Nerlens Noel, and Doug McDermott didn’t wow in their opening week.
We discuss this and more as we usher in a new exciting season of NBA Basketball on The Baseline.