As the NBA rolls on, The Baseline highlights the teams making a path towards title contention like the Bucks and Jazz. On this week’s episode we discuss:
The Milwaukee Bucks are on pace for 70 wins and despite having the reigning MVP, in Giannis Antetokounmpo, the conversation on them is almost mute. Brian Sampson from Bucks Film room joins the show to discuss:
- How have they improved their roster to be the runaway favorites in the East at the midway point of the season?
- The national attention on them is sparse and Brian tells us that their lack of drama keeps them out the spotlight.
- Is Khris Middleton the number two Giannis needs? Brian says the team’s depth is their true strength but Middelton remains underrated.
- Will Eric Bledsoe be ready for the big time playoff moments?
- What moves if any does the team need to do to solidify their title contention?
It’s time to take note of what the Utah Jazz are doing as they’ve been the best team in the West since the start of the new year.
- Mike Conley is back but is it problematic that the team went on a run with their starting point guard on the shelf?
- Bojan Bogdanović has been the best addition for the Jazz with the recent acquisition of Jordan Clarkson coming close. How have the two fit in so quickly?
- Donovan Mitchell is taking on much of the ball-handling responsibilities with Joe Ingles. Is Mitchell capable of another level?
- Will the Jazz look to increase their depth behind Rudy Gobert?
Coast to Coast
- Allen Crabbe to the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for guard-forward Treveon Graham and former Hawks guard Jeff Teague
- Kent Bazemore, Anthony Tolliver and two second-round picks to the Sacramento Kings Saturday afternoon for Trevor Ariza, Wenyen Gabriel and Caleb Swanigan
- Zion Williamson to make his season debut against the San Antonio Spurs