The Baseline gives you a heavy dose of the Eastern Conference in our latest episode.
- The Bulls have faded in the East but can the return of Jimmy Butler and Nikola Mirotic save their season? Where has their defense gone? Will Bobby Portis and Doug McDermott carve out larger roles in the future and what should Chicago do with Derrick Rose and Pau Gasol if anything? Jason Patt from BlogaBull joins us to discuss the up and down season in Chicago.
- Is it time to consider the Celtics an elite team in the east? Is Isaiah Thomas wrongly being overlooked as a star? Will this team be ready for the rigors of the playoffs and be be capable of winning a series? Who from the combination of Jae Crowder, Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger and Evan Turner will be the co-star to Thomas when it matters most?
- Will the Cavs stay together past this season? Amidst reports of Kyrie Irving being unhappy, LeBron James working out with Dwyane Wade mid-season and the general disappointment in Kevin Love there’s a lot of attention on the Cavs. Is this team destined to be broken up as soon as this summer no matter what?
Coast to coast
- Ty Lawson bought out and signed by Pacers. Chase Budinger waived and will sign with Phoenix, Kevin Martin bought out and signed by Spurs.
- Nazr Mohammed signs with the Thunder
- Manu Ginobili returns for the Spurs
- Rockets sign Michael Beasley
- Eric Gordon broke the same finger that kept him out 4 weeks
- Bradley Beal injured over the weekend (sprained pelivs)
- Baron Davis signs with the D-League