No shortage of NBA news as the season inches towards the home stretch. As always The Baseline boys have a lot to dive into and have enlisted the help of one Warren’s site mates on another platform. On this week’s show we discuss:
The Cleveland Cavaliers have had a tumultuous season full of losing, drama, trade speculation and now a coaching change. We assess all things wine and gold with Spencer Davies.
- Why didn’t John Belien work out as the head coach just 7 months after his hire? Is Kolby Altman to blame?
- Veteran players like Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson have taken different approaches to the season. Love has sulked while Thompson has hustled hard all season. How have their approaches impacted the youth on the roster?
- Is Collin Sexton the player the team should build around? Do Darius Garland and Kevin Porter Jr. have more promise as the team’s future?
- Does Dan Gilbert need to keep his hands off the team? Are teams becoming the New York Knicks central version?
- Which bigs should remain with the team as Andre Drummond has a player option, Love’s contract is massive and Thompson is heading for free agency? What role will Larry Nance Jr. play in the team’s future?
NBA Twitter has created the term “empty calories” signifying that some players’ stats don’t truly impact winning. We debate four players who have been accused of stats with empty calories.
- Andre Drummond: As a plus rebounder and decent defender his double-doubles aren’t impressing many around the league.
- Trae Young: Only in his second year, Young faces questions about his leadership ability.
- Devin Booker: A volume scorer who has seen more than his fair share of drama in Phoenix but is he an alpha?
- Zach LaVine: Once known as a dunker LaVine is making strides as the lead dog on the Bulls but his lofty stats ever equate to success?
Coast to Coast