Another great summer edition of The Baseline is here for your listening pleasure. This week’s show is jam-packed and features a very special and distinguished guest. Check out what’s on tap:
Milwaukee Bucks general manager, John Hammond, joins the show to discuss why NBA teams are starting to fear the dear:
- He touches on the year that was including the hiring of Jason Kidd, injury to Jabari Parker and trouble with Larry Sanders.
- Is Greg Monroe the player that gets to the Bucks to their next stage of their evolution?
- What do Giannis Antetokounmpo, Michael Carter-Williams and Khris Middleton need to do to continue their growth?
- Hammond sets the bar regarding Milwaukee’s expectations for success and dishes on expected roster movement before the season.
The NBA made an impact in Africa:
- The NBA’s global impact finally reached Africa with numerous clinics and community initiatives.
- Team World featuring guys like Chris Paul, Jeff Green, Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol, Bradley Beal and Evan Turner took on Team Africa featuring Luol Deng, Boris Diaw, Nicolas Batum, Gorgui Dieng and special appearances from Dikembe Mutombo and Hakeem Olajuwon.
Coast to Coast:
- Knicks sign Sasha Vujacic
- T-Wolves sign Andre Miller and Flip Saunders already saying Kevin Garnett will start at power forward
- Jeremy Evans signs with Mavs
- Kings hire Nancy Lieberman as coach
- NBPA files grievance against Kings for voiding Luc Mbah a Moute contract
- Warriors get Jason Thompson for Gerald Wallace
- Wes Matthews claims the Blazers didn’t court him
- Marcus Morris tweets he doesn’t think brother Markieff Morris will be in Phoenix long
- Jordan Hill caught speeding reckless driving
- Mike Scott arrested for possession
- Bulls’ writer speculates Pau Gasol and Joakim Noah won’t start together next season