As we enter 2015 various story lines have made the NBA season must watch TV on a nightly basis. This week we discuss:
- Kris Willis from Peach Tree Hoops on SB Nation joins the show to discuss one of the hottest teams in the NBA in the Atlanta Hawks. We discuss the developments of the team sale, how they have overcome adversity and how Coach Budenholzer has been to get more with less down in the ATL. We also debate which member of the Al Horford, Jeff Teague and Paul Millsap trio should be an All-Star.
- In Cleveland the Cavaliers may need a cavalry to save the locker room from potential turmoil. Recently GM David Griffin came in to assure the media that David Blatt is their head coach, but that statement wasn’t a vote of confidence–are we sure about that? Without LeBron James can this team maintain their place in the Central and the East? Does the king’s absence allow for Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving to develop much needed rapport and will this team ever play championship-level defense?
- The return of Rajon Rondo made some Celtics’ fan wish he was back in green.
- Kobe Bryant making waves with youth basketball organizations…we check in on the Mamba’s nuggets of knowledge.
- In Milwaukee, Jason Kidd looks like he might be canceling the Larry Sanders show in favor of Zaza Pachulia and John Henson.
- Will the Bulls begin to get the ‘Old’ Derrick Rose? Some recent quotes provided by the former MVP may certainly provide insight.
- We also discuss the All-Star Voting. Early returns have Anthony Davis and Stephen Curry in their rightful places while Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, Kyle Lowry and James Harden are in peculiar spots currently
So much to discuss in this week’s episode of The Baseline. So download, turn on and tune in