On this week’s episode, The Baseline boys are joined by friend of the show Joe Cardoso, founder of Nuts and Bolts Sports. He stops by for The Breakdown segment and then the fellas close out the show with their takes from around the association.
Hot out the gate we ask if these players can maintain their stellar play or if these are Cinderella stories with an expiration date.
- James Harden: Even with Russell Westbrook by his side, the former MVP has elevated his scoring. Could he be the game’s first 40 ppg guy since Wilt Chamberlain?
- Luka Doncic: The second-year sensation is nearly averaging a triple-double. Dallas clearly has a superstar on their hands but is Doncic capable of Russell Westbrook stats all season long?
- Andrew Wiggins: After a summer of trade rumors the six-year veteran is averaging career highs and is the talk of the league when it comes to sustainable numbers. Is his start just a flash in the pan or has Wiggins taken the leap?
- Devonte’ Graham: Seemingly out of nowhere the second-year guard is pushing to be the Hornets best player. Can he co-exist peacefully with Terry Rozier as Charlotte seeks an identity?
- Injuries continue to be a major story in the NBA as key players will miss significant time from their teams. We discuss the latest players that need time to mend.
- The Boston Celtics just had their 10-game winning streak snapped by the Sacramento Kings but is this team as good as their record has shown? We breakdown the biggest difference in the team’s play…chemistry, and how that could propel them all season.
Coast to Coast