NBA Free Agency started with the owners collectively singing Fat Joe’s “I make it rain” as even the most average of players were handsomely rewarded for future production. But the NBA landscape changed with one man’s decision to change teams. On this week’s show we’ll discuss:
Kevin Durant released his free agent decision to join the Golden State Warriors on Players Tribune. KD will join the two-time MVP Stephen Curry, Draymond Green and Klay Thompson to create a legacy that could reverberate for decades.
- How does the formation of another super team effect the league? Is a hard cap needed?
- How does his decision rank vs LeBron James in 2010?
- How will the Thunder recover from the loss of a superstar?
- Harrison Barnes and Andrew Bogut will be causalities of the decision but how much will they be missed?
We’ll get into the other comings and goings around the league that include:
- Al Horford 4 yrs/$113 million Celtics
- Dwight Howard 3yrs/$70.5 million & Kent Bazemore 4yrs/$70 million Hawks
- Joakim Noah 4 years/$72 million Courtney Lee 4yrs/$50 million Knicks
- Mike Conley 5yrs/$153 million & Chandler Parson 4yrs/$94 million Grizzlies
- Evan Turner 4yrs/$75 million Blazers
- Luol Deng 4yrs/$72 milllion, Jordan Clarkson 4yrs/$50 million Lakers & Timofey Mozgov 4yrs/$64 million Lakers
Al Jefferson 3 yrs/$30 million Pacers
Joe Johnson 2yrs/$22 million Jazz
Rajon Rondo 2yrs/$28 million Bulls
DeMar DeRozan 5yrs/$145 million Raptors
Bradley Beal 5 yrs/$128 million Wizards
Nicolas Batum 5yrs/$120 million Hornets
Andre Drummond 5yrs/$130 million Pistons
Deron Williams 1yr/$10 million Mavs
We touch on a few others and give our thoughts on who has done a great job and who may still have work to do.