The NBA playoffs roll on and we would be remiss if we didn’t give our two cents on the current action but The Baseline continues to provide insight on the future with the coveted autopsy reports. On this week’s show, they discuss two teams that were in the NBA Finals in October and have faced first-round exits.
Miami Heat: After a surprise run in the bubble optimism was valid that this was a team to contend with in the Eastern Conference. Injuries and COVID record scratched their season and now there are nothing but questions.
- What should the team do about the free agency of Duncan Robinson? How much is he really worth?
- Bam Adebayo didn’t have the takeover season many hoped for, what’s the next step for his progression?
- Can the team build around an aging Jimmy Butler?
- Is Victor Oladipo the right fit as a third option star next to Butler and Adebayo?
- Did Pat Riley miss an opportunity to capitalize on the excitement of Tyler Herro or is there still promises for the young gunner after a subpar sophomore season?
L.A. Lakers: It was supposed to be the beginning of another dynasty or at least a repeat for the champion Lakers but injuries and father time had other plans.
- Rob Pelinka’s job is complicated without draft equity to offer in deals to acquire a third star for the team.
- Should the Lakers let Dennis Schroeder walk or figure out a way to get him more involved in the team’s plans?
- Alex Caruso, Talen Horton-Tucker and a number of other role players are free agents this summer who does Pelinka plan to keep and who does LeBron want to stick around?
- Montrezl Harrell has a player option that he seems unlikely to accept after being benched even with Anthony Davis injured.
- Has Kyle Kuzma lost his value as the Lakers look for upgrades?
Find out the answers to these questions and more. Tune in.