Happy Holidays from your boys at The Baseline. We are ready to unwrap the gift that keeps on giving as the NBA gets set to take center stage of the sports world. On this week’s show.
- NBA Christmas Day is when the league gets the casual fan’s attention. The marquee game is the Finals rematch between the Cavs and the Warriors. How will Stephen Curry and company take to the return of Kyrie Irving as LeBron James and the rest of the Cavs look to send a message. We thought Anthony Davis and James Harden would be leading winning teams coming into the holidays but both squads are disappointing. Will their respective teams show and prove? The game of the day could be between Jimmy Butler‘s Bulls and Kevin Durant‘s Thunder but the key could be how Nikola Mirotic and Derrick Rose play. We’ll also comment on Kobe Bryant‘s last appearance on Xmas.
- Was Jimmy Butler wrong for calling out coach Fred Hoiberg? Where should Rose stand on this team and does he matter more than Pau Gasol?
- The NBA Hall of Fame announced it’s long list of nominees highlighted by Shaquille O’Neal, Allen Iverson, Yao Ming and Sheryl Swoopes. Is Yao deserving of a first-ballot selection?
Coast to Coast:
- Return of Kyrie Irving
- Zach Randolph heads to the bench
- Return of Brandon Jennings
- David Lee on the trade block
- Dwight Howard unhappy with his role
- KG benched in Boston
- Damian Lillard (plantar fasciitis) could be shelved for a while