The Baseline is back just in time for the NBA Finals and this week we’ve brought out the heavy artillery to help with that and all the other news around the NBA. On this week’s show:
Bleacher Report’s Howard Beck joins the show to breakdown The Finals matchup between Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors.
- How will the Warriors defend LeBron James? Will Draymond Green be the answer? How will Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson respond to the spotlight of The Finals?
- Can LeBron lead Kyrie Irving, J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert into the promise land? Will Tristan Thompson continue to be a menace on the glass? Howard Beck helps us answer all those questions and more.
The coaching carousel is spinning out of control. Pro Basketball Talk’s Sean Highkin helps us figure out the madness that happened last week.
- Was Tom Thibodeau jobbed in Chicago? Did guys like Derrick Rose and Pau Gasol have his back? With Fred Hoiberg rumored to be next in line for the Bulls how might the rookie coach handle the difficult Chicago front office?
- Scott Skiles is now the head honcho for the Orlando Magic. Will he wear on guys like Victor Oladipo and Nikola Vucevic or is his hard-nosed approach just what the Magic need to make the playoffs?
- Alvin Gentry is an offensive genius and now brings his talents to the New Orleans Pelicans. What will his new offense mean for Anthony Davis and the rest of his New Orleans brethren?
On the latest edition of Gon’ Get we say goodbye to the Houston Rockets and Atlanta Hawks.
- Does James Harden need more help in the backcourt? Should Houston retain Josh Smith and Corey Brewer? How far can this team go in the West as currently constructed?
- Paul Millsap and DeMarre Carroll are free agents in Atlanta but do the Hawks need bigger name stars to compete in the East?
On coast to coast we look at the latest headlines including:
- Greg Oden‘s attempt at a comeback to the NBA
- Dwyane Wade is unhappy in Miami
- John Wall was booted off a plane
- Doc Rivers says Chris Paul and DeAndre Jordan need each other and will be fine
All that and more on the latest edition of The Baseline.