With Thanksgiving approaching the NBA has a lot to be thankful for as it prepares for the start of its’ 75th season in December. As usual, The Baseline NBA Podcast is here to tackle all of the league’s latest happenings including an extremely busy and condensed off-season. On this week’s show the fellas discuss:
NBA free agency has been running wild with over $1 billion in contract money distributed to the players in contracts. We touch on some of the deals and teams making people utilize the eyes emoji over and over.
- Gordon Hayward to Charlotte for $120 million. What was Michael Jordan thinking and how does this hurt or help the Boston Celtics?
- L.A. Lakers sign Montrezl Harrell, Wesley Matthews while trading for Dennis Schroeder.
- Serge Ibaka leaves Toronto to join the Clippers
- Fred VanVleet secures the bag and stays with the Raptors
- Joe Harris and Davis Bertans show how important shooting is with their new deals
- The Hawks and Blazers revamp with a slew of moves that make them two of the deepest teams in the league
Matt Babcock from BabcockHoops and Basketball News joins the show to break down the NBA Draft and discuss:
- Anthony Edwards was the only way for the T-Wolves to go
- Golden State gets it right with James Wiseman despite the injury to Klay Thompson
- Could the arrival of LaMelo Ball spell the end of Devonte’ Graham‘s time in Charlotte?
- Was Obi Toppin the steal of the night?
- Jalen Smith’s high selection was a surprise but was it worth it?
- Tyrese Haliburton’s slippage in the draft helped the Kings
- We discuss which players are most ready to contribute and potential rookie of the year candidates.
It’s a jam-packed show. Tune in!