On this week’s edition of The Baseline:
- The grit and grind and mentality of the Grizzlies has proven to be a problem for Stephen Curry and the Warriors. Mike Conley‘s return has changed the series and given support to Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph. The play of Tony Allen has given the the ‘Splash Brothers’ reason for pause as well and all of sudden GSW is in trouble. Golden State needs someone other Curry or Klay Thompson to pick up the slack…we offer some help.
- James Harden has posted lofty numbers for the Rockets and is getting help from Dwight Howard but the Rockets defense has been absent most of the playoffs. The Clippers look like they are on a mission despite Chris Paul‘s injury. Blake Griffin, J.J. Redick and Austin Rivers are playing at epic level in an attempt to send Houston home early.
- John Wall is hurt badly, yet the Wizards continue to play at high level thanks to Otto Porter, Bradley Beal and ‘The Truth’ Paul Pierce. Washington is starting to expose the Hawks who aren’t getting much from Jeff Teague or Kyle Korver in the series but things could quickly change if they play their normal games. We discuss.
- The feature series of the Bulls and Cavs is living up to they hype. Derrick Rose and LeBron James have exchanged game winners while their running mates Pau Gasol and Kyrie Irving nurse injuries. We continue to watch in awe as this series captivates the NBA world.
- In The Drop we give props to some of the best unsung heroes of the playoffs thus far; DeMarre Carroll, Otto Porter, Austin Rivers, Matthew Dellavedova and others are contributing on levels their teams couldn’t have predicted.
- On NBA coast to coast: Jimmy Butler captures the most improved player award, the Mavs have news from Raymond Felton, Al-Farouq Aminu, and Charlie Villanueva. Scott Brooks may be the next leading man for the Orlando Magic. The Nets promise changes and Joe Johnson could be at the center of the winds of change. And the NBA draft combine is set to take place as the next level of superstars prepare to be evaluated.
All this and more on this edition of The Baseline: