The Baseline is back with another jam-packed show discussing a wild start in the NBA season. On this week’s show topics include:
The Breakdown (2:52)
- A few NBA players have started on the struggle bus. When we will see these players return to form after an unexpected slow starts?
- Nikola Jokic: The MVP candidate has hit two game-winners and still has solid numbers but clearly is overweight and reduced points per game.
- CJ McCollum: After securing the bag with a three-year extension he’s in the midst of another slow start.
- Lauri Markkanen: It is supposed to be a season where he averages nearly 20 & 10 but the Bulls pecking order has him searching for shots.
- Mike Conley: He’s supposed to be the upgrade the Utah Jazz have needed for years but he’s averaging a career-worst assist average in addition to major struggles from the field
- Jaren Jackson Jr.: The Grizzlies hope to build on the chemistry between he and Ja Morant but his ability to stay on the floor is hindering development.
- Terry Rozier: Efficiency is still a problem even in a new location and while the Hornets have performed better than expected, Rozier is getting outplayed by his backup Devonte’ Graham
The Drop (42:30)
- Missing in action…the NBA’s list of inactive players due to injuries, suspension, and load management has reached a frustrating level for fans and the business of the league. Does the league need to try and step-in? What will be the solution as the players try to find balance? We discuss:
Coast to Coast (56:20)