After an All-Star sabbatical, the Baseline Boys return with a new episode as we recap a feverish series of transactions and moves at the NBA trade deadline.
- The Thunder move Reggie Jackson and Kendrick Perkins but get a major haul in return…is OKC ready to terrorize the West?
- The Heat get Goran Dragic and move a good portion of their roster (Norris Cole, Shawne Williams and others) to get him. The Suns also moved Isaiah Thomas, Tyler Ennis, Miles Plumlee and receive Brandon Knight and Marcus Thornton. Have these teams truly helped themselves?
- Aaron Afflalo joins the Blazers and Rip City finally look like they have some bench support but will it be enough?
- Going home again is Kevin Garnett as he agrees to waive his no-trade clause to join the Timberwolves sending Thadeus Young to Brooklyn
- In our segment of the Drop don’t look now but there is a serious race for the bottom seeds in the East Conference brewing. Five teams have a prime opportunity to slide in the final two spots of the playoffs. The Pacers with the pending return of Paul George, the Hornets with the addition of Mo Williams and the aforementioned Heat, Nets and Pistons all are in the race. We weigh-in on the possibilities of each team getting in the playoffs.
- On our Coast to Coast segment we analyze the buyouts of Amar’e Stoudemire, Kendrick Perkins & others. We also report on the injuries of Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson, Jared Sullinger, Chris Bosh and others.
All this and more on the The Baseline.