The dynamics of the NBA never cease to amaze and the league’s trade deadline brought some excitement for the remainder of the season. The Baseline is here to break down the highlight moves of the day including:
- Kyle Lowry stays in Toronto and Cal is incensed that the Sixers didn’t make a strong push to solidify their title hopes. Cal throws cold water on George Hill‘s acquisition as concerns about the team’s window should be front of mind.
- The Chicago Bulls acquire Nikola Vucevic and push all their chips in for this season
- Aaron Gordon heads to the Nuggets as Denver looks to solidify their spot as a contender in the west
- Orlando accepts their fate by blowing up the roster but they did a nice job of acquiring young talent to evaluate in the process
- Did the Celtics wet the bed by acquiring Evan Fournier and then trading Daniel Theis?
- Houston’s final haul after the James Harden is pretty sparse after moving Victor Oladipo
- Clippers move Lou Williams for Rajon Rondo as both teams get what they need in theory
- Dallas acquires J.J. Reddick and Nicol Melli
- Norman Powell heads to Portland as Gary Trent Jr. and Rodney Hood move to Toronto
- Miami had a masterclass performance in asset management
It’s a lot so buckle up and tune in.