As the NBA season quickly ascends upon us, The Baseline begins its six division preview giving you insight on roster depth, offseason acquisitions and subtractions, expectations and projected placement in each division We kick off our preview edition by taking an in depth look at the Northwest Division. We are joined by special guest ESPN Insider Analyst Joe Kaiser to help us cover one of the more talented and closely watched divisions going into the season.
- Does OKC stand alone once again as the class of their division? With Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook as the clear leaders does the team have a consistent third option and roster depth to make a run to the NBA Finals?
- Has Portland done enough in the offseason to support their legitimacy as a contender in this division? Chris Kaman was the only significant addition to a questionable bench but is that enough to propel LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard‘s team to further success?
- With Flip Saunders back in the coaching seat, how talented can this young Timberwolves team truly be? Are Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, Zach LaVine the future or can Flip rely on guys like Ricky Rubio and Thaddeus Young in the here and now?
- Under second year head coach Brian Shaw, can the Nuggets bounce back from a disappointing season? Is this the year of Kenneth Faried? How will the Nuggets integrate Danilo Gallinari and JaVale McGee…we discuss?
- New Jazz head voach Quinn Snyder has his hands full with a team of questionable talent. Can he galvanize these young kids to play better than their 25 win season last year? Are Gordon Hayward and Alec Burks ready for break out years and can Derrick Favors live up to his large contract?