It’s finally time to start discussing the NBA landscape as it relates to teams and their chances for the upcoming season. On the first of our six division previews we tackle the Pacific Division with Oliver Maroney from Basketball Insiders. We’ll discuss:
- D’Angelo Russell showed star potential towards the end of last season can it continue in year two? Will the veteran additions of Luol Deng, Jose Calderon and Timofey Mozgov play the role LA hopes? How quickly can Brandon Ingram contribute and is Julius Randle the right fit for this team?
- Devin Booker looks like a star in the making but can he truly shoulder the load for this team? Which guard gets squeezed out as a result of Booker’s growth…Eric Bledsoe or Brandon Knight? Will Dragan Bender or Marquese Chriss get a chance to play? Is T.J. Warren ready for an increased role and how will Alex Len develop?
- Is this the final ride for DeMarcus Cousins in Sacto? Can Darren Collison and Ty Lawson run the point guard position effectively? Will Rudy Gay be moved? Has Ben McLemore lost the hope of any minutes with the addition to Arron Afflalo?
- Doc Rivers could be in trouble if his team doesn’t make marked improvement in the the playoffs. Chris Paul, Blake Griffin are dynamic but our panel thinks DeAndre Jordan is the key to success of the starting unit. How will Jamal Crawford and Austin Rivers lead the bench unit?
Golden State Warriors:
- With the addition of Kevin Durant the Warriors have all eyes on them. Is there any way they don’t reach their lofty goals? Will the egos of Draymond Green and Klay Thompson stay in check with reduced roles?
We answer all of those questions and more on a heated debate in the most top-heavy division in the NBA.