- Are the L.A. Clippers ready to carry over last year’s success with back-to-back division titles? Is Blake Griffin ready to answer the call and become the MVP caliber player he showed last season–Chris Paul and Doc Rivers seem to think so.
- Will new head coach Steve Kerr improve the most dangerously offensive team in the NBA even more? Can the Splash Brothers (Klay Thompson and Stephen Curry) go to another level and help this team knock off the Clips to capture an elusive division title…a title they have yet to attain since 1976.
- Has Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough done enough in the offseason to put this team over the top to be playoff worthy? How will second year head coach Jeff Hornacek juggle a guard-heavy lineup with Eric Bledsoe, Goran Dragic, Isaiah Thomas & others all looking for minutes?
- Can DeMarcus Cousins carry momentum from a successful summer with Team USA Basketball to elevate the success of the Sacramento Kings? Is he ready to be the face of their franchise with Rudy Gay and Darren Collison giving him proper support?
- Can the L.A. Lakers and new head coach Byron Scott shed the stench of the second worst season in team history with a healthy Kobe Bryant? We debate if the addition of Carlos Boozer will stunt the growth of other L.A. bigs Julius Randle and Jordan Hill.
We answer all these questions and more in this week’s edition of The Baseline.