With most NBA teams having played approximately 50 games we are in the home stretch of the season. Unfortunately, it appears as some teams will be limping to the finish with questions heading into the playoffs and offseason. Naturally, The Baseline is here to help sort through the chaotic news. On this week’s show they discuss:
News and Notes
- Paul Pierce loses his job at ESPN
- Steph Curry frustrated with the Warriors losing
- Isaiah Thomas ink a 10-day with the Pelicans
- DeMarcus Cousins inks a 10-day with the Clippers
- Dewayne Dedmon signs with Heat
- Ben McLemore signs with the Lakers
- Small market fallout over the buyout market
- Malik Beasley out 4-6 weeks
- Kyle Lowry out at least 10 days
- John Collins out at least a week
- Gordon Hayward out 4 weeks
How vulnerable are the Lakers and Nets with the various injuries both rosters are dealing with?
- LeBron James and his high ankle sprain, Anthony Davis and Achillies and Andre Drummond‘s toe have the defending champs trying to tred water in the middle of the west currently.
- Do the Lakers have to worry about unfavorable matchups making their road to the Finals more difficult?
- Brooklyn hasn’t been able to build the on-court chemistry most championship teams need as Kevin Durant has missed extended time and now James Harden is also on the mend. How will Steve Nash be judged this season if the talent isn’t ultimately healthy?
Tune in as we discuss a wild week in the NBA