Another amazing week of NBA Action has passed which results in some massive story lines for us to follow and for you to stay up with. Clearly the main theme for the NBA is to celebrate the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. and what he has meant to the NBA Community. We break down some of the must see games on this special holiday week, and a surprise matchup with the two hottest teams going into this day between the Atlanta Hawks and Detroit Pistons. Also on this week’s show:
- It’s kind of hard being LeBron James, David Blatt and the Cleveland Cavaliers. With the King back in the fold, the Cavs have ran off a couple wins on their west coast trip but have they cured all ills. We breakdown the drama with the NBA’s Ohio Players.
- In Brooklyn, it like their majority owner is looking to exit…will Mikhail Prokhorov truly seek to sell the team? What kind of impact can this have on the team, and the business of the NBA. Brook Lopez was almost traded and the Nets are seeking takers for Deron Williams and Joe Johnson…where did it all go wrong for Brooklyn?
- We were able to have a special guest who is doing great work with the Sandals Foundation. Heidi Clarke goes ISO with us to discuss a great cause and partnership with one of the more philanthropic athletes in sports in Dwyane Wade. They are doing big things in the Caribbean, be sure to stay tuned on this great convo.
- Andrew Wiggins is living up the hype and Kobe Bryant might be “turning down”. Two players headed in very different directions, we breakdown their immediate futures.
- A new segment on the show dubbed ‘Say Word’ enters the mix looking at Austin Rivers and his pops Doc now that they are together on the same team.
- Trade rumors are still swirling, the association had it’s D-League showcase and a ton of news regarding current and former players are featured on coast to coast.
Enough reading. Get your ears geared up for a great episode of The Baseline.