As the calendar turns to the new year The Baseline delves into all the topics that make the league so exciting each season. On this week’s show:
- The Indiana Pacers started off hot but have struggled recently. What do we make of this team with one of the league’s most talented players in Paul George? Indiana’s radio play-by-play announcer Mark Boyle joins to break down the consistently inconsistent Pacers. How have the additions of Monta Ellis and Jordan Hill impacted the team? Is a move for depth behind C.J. Miles and Rodney Stuckey expected?
- Are we overlooking the Spurs again? Aaron Preine from Project Spurs joins us to gain perspective. Is Kawhi Leonard a legit MVP candidate? How is San Antonio playing lock down defense? Will LaMarcus Aldridge & Tim Duncan continue their bond? Can Tony Parker stay healthy and which Spurs are most important off the bench? We’ll debate all of those questions and more.
- NBA Resolutions/Restitution and Predictions: We discuss the fates of Derrick Rose, Joe Johnson, Al Jefferson, Zach Randolph, the Orlando Magic and more as we see things shaping up in 2016.
Coast to Coast:
- Brandon Jennings is being linked to the Knicks in trade talk as New York also gathers information Tony Wroten
- Cleanthony Early shot in leg will miss 6-12 weeks
- Al Jefferson out 6-8 weeks with knee surgery
- Steve Kerr planning to return to the bench soon
- George Karl ties Phil Jackson for the 5th most wins of all-time
- Referee Joey Crawford to retire at season’s end
- Jarrett Jack will miss the remainder of the season
- Legendary Harlem Globetrotter Meadowlark Lemon passes