Special Edition of The Baseline with Cal Lee and Warren Shaw discussing the fall out from the All-Star reserve selections. The league entrusted the fans to try and get the starters right and it was the duty of the coaches to get the reserves in order. While a number of the selection reserves were locks because of what their teams did, or the monster numbers they posted on a nightly basis, there were clearly a couple who were inexplicably left off the roster. As a result Kevlar maybe required to listen in on this special episode of the Baseline as we breakdown the roster lineups and inconsistent criteria which seemingly leaves coveted stars absent their opportunity to shine for the NBA Masses.
- With LaMarcus Aldridge, James Harden, Tim Duncan, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson and Chris Paul selected as the west reserves it left Damian Lillard and DeMarcus Cousins as the biggest snubs. We set fire to the process and hope justice is served for Dame and DMC.
- Out east the Hawks and Heat dominate the reserve selections. Jeff Teague, Al Horford, Paul Millsap, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, Kyrie Irving and Jimmy Butler round on the team. But what about Brandon Knight, Kyle Korver and Nikola Vucevic? Where’s the love?
- The Rookie Sophomore game has a new twist with the USA vs The World as the premise. Can Andrew Wiggins and the world crew make this contest exciting to watch?
- The Slam Dunk contest has changed formats again but lacks the star power for an NYC all-star game. Will there be any surprises from Zach LaVine and company?
- Perhaps the most intriguing “off” event for the weekend will be the Three Point contest featuring Stephen Curry, Thompson, and Korver. We discuss who may be the favorites to shoot the lights out in NYC.
Be sure to check out this NBA ALL-STAR SELECTION of The Baseline with Cal Lee and Warren Shaw.