Can you keep up with all of the moving and shaking going around in the NBA right now? Money is being dropped by the boatload as players cash-in with the new TV deal set to spike the cap next summer. The Baseline boys take you on a tour through the early madness of NBA Free Agency on this week’s show:
- Former Brooklyn Nets Assistant GM Bobby Marks joins the show to discuss some of the key signings and discusses what management does in preparation of free agency. We get into the deals of LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan, Greg Monroe, Dwyane Wade, Rajon Rondo and more. We also touch on some of the teams getting it right like the Milwaukee Bucks and of course the San Antonio Spurs.
- With Aldridge out of Portland the Blazers are left with Damian Lillard to build around. How far will they fall in the west. How will Doc Rivers and the Clippers look without Jordan? Blake Griffin at center seems likely but does Doc have another trick up his sleeve?
- Why can’t the Lakers and Knicks attract big free agent names? Will Robin Lopez and Roy Hibbert be the two biggest additions to those respective franchises?
- We play love it or hate it with some of the questionable deals made over the last week with guys like Reggie Jackson, Cory Jefferson and Lou Williams.
- If that wasn’t enough the show wraps up with the FAT (Free Agent Tracker) report checking in on guys like: DeMarre Carroll, Monta Ellis, Brook Lopez, Thaddeus Young, Wesley Matthews, Paul Pierce and many more.