The streets are talking as Corona-19 fatigue is wearing on the nation. With the curve somewhat flattening could the NBA be making plans for a return? Well, we will get to that but on this week’s show, we are joined by a very special guest along with our usual in-depth look at news around the league. Tune in below:
Face Time with The Baseline:
Yogi Ferrell from the Sacramento Kings stops by the show to discuss:
- How he has spent the time since the pandemic started
- His work in the community before Covid-19 and his planned work as a result of it
- His passion for helping foster kids as a result of his mom’s upbringing in the foster care system
- How his mom became a doctor and has always been an inspiration to him
- Why chess, video games and movies are his favorite ways to relax
- The impression he wants to leave in the league and more importantly the community
G-League continues to build with the hopes of forming a union
- Will the players ratify the formation of the union?
- What potential harm could from this?
- Players will be indoctrinated into the full process of development by playing and representing teams
The NBA is considering allowing teams to allow players the ability to enter facilities as soon as May 1 in states with looser stay at home restrictions.
- Is the league being cautious enough or is this a short-sighted attempt to get back to business?
- Give an inch and they’ll take a mile as reports swirl that teams in cities with stricter stay at home guidelines are asking if they can migrate to be in compliance.
- Will this impact competitive balance?
Coast to Coast
- Nets eyeballing list of coaches for 20-21 season including Tyronn Lue, Jason Kidd, Mark Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy and Mike Brown
- Ben Simmons and Malcolm Brogdon are healed and ready to go should the season re-start.
- Jimmy Butler purchased hoops for all his teammates
- Redeem Team Documentary in the works