Here at The Baseline NBA Podcast, we are still going strong and keeping our spirits positive, we hope all of you are doing the same. In that same vein, we turn our attention to the good vibes of the WNBA this week
Khristina Williams from Girls Talk Sports TV joins the show to breakdown the WNBA draft and all things in the league including:
- How did the league handle being the first professional sport to regain the spotlight after the start of the pandemic?
- Did the virtual format work despite a few hiccups with some of the player’s feeds?
- Sabrina Ionescu headlines the list but Khristina helps us understand the other gems in the draft like Chennedy Carter, Satou Sabally and Te’a Cooper.
- The New York Liberty and Dallas Wings dominated the first round with six combined picks. Khristina discusses the Wings moves in-depth and how they are poised for improvement.
- The league is positioned to capture the sports world’s attention through player marketability and brand management, how will they strategize to ensure success?
NBA G-League Developmental Program
- Jalen Green and Isiah Todd are the first elite recruits to enroll in the revamped developmental program.
- Shareef Abdur-Rahim thinks the G-League is the space for these top recruits to develop but is he right?
- While these recruits will play a special schedule, it’s hard to determine if this is more than glorified AAU.
- Will other top recruits follow suit?
- Is the payment structure in place competitive enough compared to the overseas market?
- Ricky Volante and David West are forming the PCL as a means to pay college players, is the new G-League developmental program a direct competitor to their vision?
Coast to Coast