The last show for 2014 and The Baseline is closing out the year strong.
- Special guest Chris Herring from the Wall Street Journal joins the show as we discuss just how bad the New York Knicks are as a basketball team: Will they go down as the worst team in their franchise history? Is the fan faith in Phil Jackson and Derek Fisher dimming? Carmelo Anthony is in for the the long haul but are their others who should stay?
- We also discuss the surprise team of the East, the Atlanta Hawks, who sport one of the best records in their conference let alone their division. Are the Hawks contenders, or pretenders?
- Josh Smith is now a Houston Rocket, does his signing to H-Town legitimize them as contenders in the West. Can the new trifecta of James Harden, Dwight Howard, and Smith get along fine? Is Kevin McHale the right man to make this potent combination work?
- With Smith now gone will Stan Van Gundy finally get the Pistons on the right track? Brandon Jennings already seems like a new man but will he last the season in the Motor City with Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond?
- Who Ya Got? If you had to put a team together and had a choice between taking Jimmy Butler or Kawhi Leonard, who would it be? Let us know via Twitter/Facebook what you think #JimmyB or #KawhiL
- The Spurs have sputtered and sit second to last in their division. How concerned should Pop be? Can Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker play enough regular season games to keep the Spurs in the hunt for home court advantage in the playoffs? Should they look to make a move to bolster their line up?
- On coast to coast we look at: Why Kevin Garnett is antagonizing David West? Kobe Bryant needing rest and more.