The Wild Pitch is back taking a long look at the New York Yankees. Is this storied franchise heading for a rebuild, retool or somewhere in between? On this episode we’ll discuss:
- The retirements of Alex Rodriguez and Mark Teixeira. Will A-Rod be successful in his new role or is it a media ploy to save face by the Yankees? Is this the right move for Teixeira?
- How did the Yankees do at the trade deadline after moving Aroldis Chapman, Andrew Miller and Carlos Beltran? Are the prospects that were returned ready for the big time? How soon before Dillon Tate, Justus Sheffield, Gleyber Torres and Clint Frazier can make a difference?
- Will New York’s own prospects Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez be contributors sooner than later?
- What is the team’s financial outlook with multiple veterans still owed money next season and beyond? Do names like Brett Gardner, Brian McCann, Jacoby Ellsbury, Chase Headley, and Starlin Castro hold weight in the trade market?
- Does the pitching staff have any hope as Nathan Eovaldi Luis Severino, Michael Pineda have all under-performed? Are Masahiro Tanaka and C.C. Sabathia capable of returning to earlier form?
We discuss all of that and more on the Wild Pitch.